10 Ways to Avoid Online Holiday Scams
Just because Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over doesn’t mean we’re out of the woods just yet. Cyber threat actors are resilient during the holiday season and will persistently try to exploit your personal data. Luckily, our friends at Sontiq have 10 ways to help you avoid common holiday scams.
- Create Unique Strong Passwords
- Keep Software Updated
- Use Security Tools (AV, Spam Filters, VPNs, etc.)
- Watch for Unsecure Websites
- Choose Safe Payment Methods (ex. verified 3rd Party Services)
- Take Caution Buying Through Ads and Offers by verifying them independently
- Protect Children Online
- Beware of Surveys & Quizzes
- Ignore Suspect Emails
- Report Shopping Fraud Immediately
See these tips in greater detail from Sontiq.