As a WhiteHawk Machine Learning Engineer you will drive the machine learning and data engineering practice within our Revenue mission. In this role, you will you will be a member of a team that develops and improves the modeling and algorithms of agents on the basis of personal factors in order to optimize results. Techniques used include aspects of queuing theory, probability, statistics, data mining, optimization, and simulation. You must be instrumental in growing the team, guiding the scientific and engineering approaches, and communicating strategy and results to the broader organization. WhiteHawk has unique data, with rich information related to the cyber crime, fraud and security landscape. You will have the opportunity to have a large impact on how this data is used to build predictive models to power useful insights. The results of this effort will be used to improve the experience for users, and to create products for customers, analysis, advertising partners, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions combining data blending, profiling, mining, statistical analysis, and machine learning, to better define and curate models, test hypothesis, and deliver key insights
- Build on a deep understanding of our content, user, and vendor information to develop rich analytics, engagement, and promotional offerings
- Provide technical guidance in a number of aspects of data science and engineering including: hypothesis testing, analysis, modeling, and production deployment, especially in an ecosystem
- Grow and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- Be based in Virginia, but travel occasionally
A talented Machine Learning Engineer who is highly motivated with a self-starter attitude. You are a rockstar software engineer with a passion for excellence. You will be very comfortable with ambiguity and applying your experience and skill to real-world problems to find solutions. You will be an effective communicator who is willing and able to work with an agile and fast-paced team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or experience employing a combination of analysis, computer science, mathematics, and software engineering skills to devise strategies for extracting meaning and value from large datasets
- Experience with predictive analytics, machine learning, data mining, and natural language processing
- Proficiency in building data pipelines or related ETL pipelines within large-scale distributed frameworks as well as related query and processing technologies such as Spark, Impala, Hive, or Presto
- Experience working with cloud service providers and data stewards
- Experience with data flows, Pig scripting, Hadoop MapReduce, and various analytic tools
- Experience working with development and SE teams, other stakeholders agencies, and leadership
- Understanding of reactive programming with SCALA, CLOJURE, or other language
- Experience with Spark, Cassandra, other NoSQL, or other Big Data architectures
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will join us!